1.5

Working with one of their experts for a survaillence system. Suggested camera's, NVR and switch to hook everything up. I told the guy I'd like to keep at $1,000-$1,200. His suggestions cost about $1,600.

I soon discover after hooking up the last 3 cameras, the NVR only comes with 4 camera licenses. Now after spending more then I wanted to I need to spend another $200 for additional licenses they didn't tell me would be necessary to make the full system function.

Had he informed me of this I would have told him suggest different equipment. I feel that he suggested based on what was best for them not the customer.

Send an email to customer service to be told they are sorry for the miscommunication. Lack of information to the customer is not a miscommunication. Then no response till I wrote a review on a complaint site.

Their replies are a joke. They care about customers yet don't do anything when problems arise.

I will no longer support this business as I feel they are rip-offs

Reason of review: need to spend more money they failed to inform me of to make system they suggested work.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Not being told all information to make an informed purchase.

Comments

Re 734554740. Thank you for your order and this feedback.

We regret your dissatisfaction. This order was placed last May -- six months ago. The Synology NVR1218 12-Channel 1080p NVR comes with four licenses but can accept up to 12.

To achieve the eight you want, a Synology 4-Camera License Key for Synology Surveillance Station would be suitable. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

to henryp #1594164

Yes I said that about needing the additional 4 licenses in my first email to you after you replied to me here. Since then you have repeated yourself several times.

One of these times maybe you will actually give me new and pertinent information. No its not suitable it is the only option. Like you said to me after the other person replied to my email to B&H directly about it comes with 12 licenses.

Clearly you people do not know your products. If you did the expert that suggested this would have told me it will support all the cameras in the system he suggested.